Dental Implant Restoration
Dental implants are artificial tooth replacements used to counter tooth loss. The procedure is categorized as a form of prosthetic (artificial replacement) dentistry, though it also falls into the category of cosmetic dentistry as well.
Restoring a tooth to good form and function requires two steps:
- Preparing the tooth for placement of restorative material or materials
- Placement of restorative material or materials
Traditional dental implants require two phases to get your smile looking perfect again:
- First step may require preparing the jaw bone for the implant and placement of the implant.
- Second step involves screwing a rod into the implant, and then a crown is fabricated to appear as a natural tooth.
- After the surgery the office will provide you with specific instructions.
Call 954-228-8052 today.